Most of the times, when we use mascara it is black or brown mascara. But, now time has come to change the trend and try some colored mascara. Well, colored mascara is one of the hottest trends and everyone is going crazy about it. Not only can colored mascara enhance and highlight your own eye color, it can also provide a theatrical edge to your makeup palette. In fact, colored mascara is whimsical, fun and unexpected.
Colored mascara is a great way to enhance your lashes. They add intrigue and mystique to the other makeup colors you apply or can also be great when used alone. There are so many new colors on the market today to choose from too! You can find colored mascara in green, teal, pink, purple, blue, and many other colors now. Beauty manufacturers are hard pressed to produce various colors that you demand.
Here are some of the most popular colored mascara options:
When it comes to colored mascara, the most popular option is the blue mascara. Blue mascaras make big promises. In this category you can find various shades such as classic cooler blue, aquamarine blue, bright blue, dark blue, navy blue, sky blue, electric blue, electric blue, regal turquoise peacock blue and so on. If you have blue eyes, blue mascara will highlight your features even more clearly. For a dramatic look, wear blue eye shadow and blue eyeliner and give the final touch to your eye makeup with blue mascara. In fact, women with hazel or brown eyes can also wear blue mascara. But here you need to choose the perfect blue shade mascara that can highlight the color of your eyes in a very wonderful manner. Some of the recommended blue mascara are Smashbox Bionic Mascara in Indigo Ink, Givenchy Eye Fly Mascara in Blue, Christian DiorShow Mascara Waterproof in Azure Blue, Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara in Royal Blue,CoverGirl LashBlast 24 Hour Mascara in Blue Black, Blinc Kiss Me Mascara in Blue, Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara Special Effects in Blue Noir, Korres Abyssinia Dramatically Volumizing Mascara in Cobalt Blue, Barry M Bright Turquoise Lengthening Mascara and Yves Saint Laurent Everlong Mascara in Ever Peacock Blue.
Purple Mascara looks wonderful on those having brown and hazel eyes. Even women with green eyes can also wear Purple Mascara as well. Purple Mascara comes in various shades such as purples, plums, eggplants and deep wine shades and violets. While wearing purple mascara you need to bear in mind that you are wearing it to enhance your eye and your natural eye color – not your eyelashes. But before wearing purple mascara you need to consider your overall eye coloring. For instance, with purple mascara you can choose purple, plum or violet eye shadow and eye liner, or you can go with neutral color for eye shadow and/or eyeliner with purple mascara. If you like you can also take advice from your family and friends or some beauty experts regarding whether purple mascara will suit you or not. Some of the recommended purple mascaras are Clarins Wonder Volume Mascara in Wonder Violet, Medusa Waterproof Vegan Mascara, Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara and Almay Intense i-color Thickening Mascara.
Green Mascara is a great choice for women with green eyes, with green flecks in their eyes and women with olive complexions. Green mascara will also look good on women with blue eyes, but green mascara can easily be used with any eye color. Green mascara looks fantastic when worn properly. You can wear green mascara alone to enhance your eyes, or you can combine it with funky eye makeup techniques to provide a head turning gaze. For instance, use green mascara with oyster eye shadows, silver eyeliners and shimmery lips for a look that will make others jealous. Some of the recommended green mascaras are Almay Intense i-Color Mascara in Emerald Green, Estée Lauder Sumptuous Color Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Emerald and Blinc Kiss Me Mascara in Green.
Well, apart from this, you can also find silver mascara, golden mascara, white mascara and glitter mascara. Women of all ages can use colored mascara to accentuate or contrast their eye color. Colorful mascara is often worn to clubs, parties, and other nightlife scenes. Well to help you out here are some tips to use colored mascara.
- For bold look, use your favorite colored mascara both on the top and bottom lid. But here you need to bear in mind that you go for a single coat only. Also colored mascaras don’t usually add much volume.
- For an out of this world look, you can use your traditional black or brown mascara on your top lashes and colored mascara on your bottom lashes.
- For subtle look, coat the top and bottom lashes with your regular black or brown mascara. Once it is dry, coat just the tips with colored mascara.
- For real drama, use different mascara colors on top and bottom lashes! For example, apply best mascara in green shade on top lashes and blue mascara on bottom lashes.
- Always use a color that complements your overall look. Suppose you have blue eyes, then you can go for blue mascara. But here you need to use eye shadow or eye linear in a similar shade so that it complements the color of your mascara.
- Always pick a color that matches the tone of your eyes. Check color of your skin and hair in the mirror then decide to choose your colored mascara. When buying colored mascara, take the color sample and keep it near your hair and eyes. If it looks good, buy it.
- Make sure the color mascara you choose are brighter than the color of your eyes. Your lashes are meant to accentuate your eyes! Two useful facts about colored mascara are that light colors open your eyes and dark colors will lessen the affect of your eyes.
- Apply a coat of clear mascara to lashes before using your colored mascara. This really helps to extend and separate lashes before you even start and really helps thicken sparse lashes.
To conclude, while black and brown mascara are versatile options, color mascara is an excellent choice for those who love experimentation and funky eye makeup looks. Colored mascara will perk up your overall style. So, don’t be afraid to use them and get ready to bring some spice in your makeup and in your life!