Eyes are the most attractive features and by applying some makeup you can make them more beautiful and appealing. Hence, it is quite common for a woman to put makeup on their eyes such as mascara which is used to add volume, length and color to your eyelashes. But, for those with sensitive eyes, they need to think twice before experimenting with any new eye makeup products including mascara which comes in three forms – liquid, cream or cake.
In mascaras, there are many chemical ingredients which may adversely affect your eyes if they enter your eyes. This is why; those having sensitive eyes need to careful while choosing the best mascara. Wrong mascara can be harmful for your eyes and at times can even cause blindness. Here is a list of some of the best mascara designed for sensitive eyes:
Max Factor Lash Perfection Mascara:
This mascara is designed to give you the look of false lashes without the tricky application hassle. It comes with a comfortable brush with flexible bristles for easily application from roots to tips. It lengthens and thickens lashes while special brush separates them for a perfect look like you are wearing false lashes. Your lashes look thicker, fuller, longer and more luscious, and your eye lashes look utterly fabulous all day without so much as a smudge. The never ending volume is the USP of this product. This mascara is also the winner of the Style Magazine 2009 Beauty Awards Best Mascara. Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara is available in three shades – black, brown black and black waterproof. Read more about Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara here at their official site www.maxfactor.com. The price of this mascara is $13.25 only at Amazon.
Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara:
This great mascara is designed for those who want to look adorable and natural at the same time. People who are hyper allergic to cosmetic products or wear contact lens can also use this mascara. Due to the lash building formula, this mascara makes you eye lashes look fuller and that too without any clumps. Also, due to the lash-doubling formula it glides on smoothly and easily reaches all lashes – even in the corners. With four beauty awards to its credit and an affordable price tag, this mascara has been the favorite one for years. Also it removes easily with soap and water. Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara is available in six different shades – very black, brownish black, dark brown, royal blue, soft black and blackest black. Read more about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara here at www.maybelline.com. Available at an unbelievable price of $6.30, you can place your order here.
Miessence Organic Mascara:
This organic mascara is made of nourishing ingredients. Some of the ingredients to be found in this mascara are jojoba oil, aloe vera juice, shea butter, rose oil and beeswax. The long lasting natural mineral pigments help in building thick, supple healthy lashes. As most of the ingredients are natural and organic, this mascara is safe for sensitive eyes. This mascara is available in a single shade – black. You can read more about Miessence Organic Mascara here at www.miorganicproducts.com. At a price of $24.50, this mascara is just the best bargain for sensitive eyes.
ALMAY Get Up & Grow Mascara:
This mascara is specifically meant for sensitive eyes because it contains various natural ingredients, vitamins and herbs. The exclusive anti-breakage, pro-vitamin formula strengthens lashes. It is also the winner of Health beauty award 2011. It is ophthalmologist tested and is suitable for contact lens wearer and those having sensitive eyes. Available in three shades, black, black brown and blackest black, you can read more about this product here at www.almay.com. You can get this mascara for $7.97 here.
DuWop Lash Lacquer Mascara:
This waterproof mascara does not contain any harmful chemicals or ingredients and give your eyelashes the look you want. Due to the anti sensitivity formula it is safe to use and does not cause irritation. There are some conditioning ingredients in this mascara that helps in keeping your eyelashes remain moisturized and healthy. Clump-free formula is also easy to remove. Just one coat of this mascara and you get beautiful eyelashes with an ultra glossy finish. Available in three shades – brown black, carbon black and plum, you can read more about DuWop Lash Lacquer here. You can place an online order for this mascara for just $15 here.
Blinc Kiss Me Mascara:
This mascara adds both volume and length to give a radiant natural look to the users that lasts all day. Formula does not “paint” the lashes but rather forms protective “tubes” around them. The tiny, water-resistant tubes won’t run, smudge, clump or flake – even if you cry or rub your eyes! This mascara has been clinically tested to be non-irritating and thus it is ideal for sensitive eyes, contact lens wearers, and active people in search of mascara whose look, hold and ease of removal is without compromise. Even though it is water resistant, it is easy to remove with just water. Available in wide variety of shades such as Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Blue, dark Purple and Dark Green, you can read more about Blinc Kiss Me Mascara here at www.blincinc.com. You can buy this mascara for $19.93 here.
Dr Hauschka Mascara:
This organic mascara makes your eyelashes silky, lush and full while helping to strengthen lashes over time. This product is made from organic and natural ingredients and is perfect for wearers of contact lenses and for those having sensitive eyes. Antioxidant-rich eyebright and black tea extracts soothe the sensitive eye area. Also the neem leaf extract strengthens keratin to encourage strong, full growth of lashes. Available in three shades – Black, Blue and Brown, you can read more about this mascara here. You can place your order for this mascara for $22.72 here.
E.L.F. Studio Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara:
This mascara is perfect for those who want thicker, fuller, and longer lashes that are beautiful and natural. The enlarged brush coats your lashes evenly and you get the perfect eyelashes without any clumps. This waterproof mascara lasts all day with no smudging and no flaking. Unique waterproof formula is clump free and quick drying. Also the gentle formula of the mascara doesn’t irritate the eyes and thus suitable for contact wearers and sensitive eyes. Available in two shades – Black and Brown Black, you can read more about this mascara here at www.eyeslipsface.com. Buy this mascara for just $3.00 here.
Cover Girl Professional All-in-One Waterproof Mascara:
This mascara provides long-lasting, no-clump coverage. The waterproof formula stays put without smudging, streaking or flaking. This mascara magnifies lashes with a natural effect! Its straight brush and superior formula help magnify and define eyes without looking overdone. It is easy to apply and also is easy to take off. It is ophthalmologist-tested and thus suitable for contact wearers and sensitive eyes. It is available in two shades – Very Black and Brown Black. You can read more about Cover Girl Professional All-in-One Waterproof Mascara at www.covergirl.com. Now you can order this mascara (pack of 3) for just $14.97 here.
Well, the above mentioned mascaras are some of the best one in the market designed for sensitive eyes. These mascaras will not cause irritation and you will feel like wearing it without worrying about your sensitive eyes. You can choose any of these mascaras but you need to be careful while buying one.
Tips to choose mascara for sensitive eyes:
- When it comes to buying mascara, always go for best mascara brand. Best mascara brand means better quality and better ingredients. If the mascara from the best brands cost a little higher than the regular ones, it is always worth paying the extra amount. Moreover, it is nothing like you are investing on mascara in every week or month. Good quality mascara will last longer.
- It is not necessary that everyone is allergic to the same ingredient. Well, there are several ingredients used in mascara that can cause allergy to some people. You need to figure out the ingredient that causes burning sensation or itchiness or irritation around your eyes. The most common ingredients found in mascara are pigments, oils and waxes along with adequate amount of water.
- Before buying mascara you can ask for a test sample. Apply little bit of mascara on your hand and check whether it causes some sort of burning sensation or itchiness or irritation. Only when you are sure about the product use them onto your eye lashes.
- Instead of regular mascara, you must go for hypoallergenic or natural mascara. As such mascara use natural and organic ingredients, they are better option for those having sensitive eyes. Such mascaras also don’t have artificial ingredients.
- To be sure that you are buying quality and best mascara, you must read the packaging of the mascara carefully. If you discover anything you know you might be allergic to, stay away from buying it. You can also take a look at a non-biased review or get a recommendation from a friend or associate.
- Maintain a record of the expiry date of your mascara. Remember to get new mascara every three months as it will ensure that the mascara is still good and won’t cause your eyes any unnecessary problem. Also it is better idea to use disposable wand for applying mascara on to your eye lashes. In many cases, it is not the ingredients but the old mascara tube that is responsible for causing eye infections.
- It is always better to buy the mascara meant for sensitive eyes only. Also make sure it is tested and approved by dermatologist.
Well, that is a detailed and complete summary of best mascaras for sensitive eyes and some valuable tips on how to buy mascara for sensitive eyes and how to keep them safe. Always remember that to enhance the natural look of your eyes, you need to use mascara no matter whether you have got sensitive eyes. The smart way is to use one that is designed for sensitive eyes. So, get ready to rock with one of the best mascara for sensitive eyes.